Super Market Mould Remediation
A supermarket store found heavy mould growth behind a line of fridge displays when doing a refit of their store. NLR was called in to remediate the mould, making it safe for the fit-out to continue.
Heavy mould was due to high moisture levels present behind the fridges, an area inaccessible until the fit-out occurred. Being left for so long, the mould had ample time and a conducive environment to grow along 15m of the wall.
Mould growth along the wall
Heavy mould growth
#Mould Remediation Process:
- NLR technicians put on the appropriate PPE gear to protect themselves during the mould remediation process.
- Containment barriers to contain the mould were installed to minimise further contamination
- 2 HEPA filter Air Scrubbers were installed, in a negative airing configuration, to remove airborne mould spores and dust particulates from the air. This was to improve air quality during the work process
- The affected area was HEPA vacuumed
- The wall was Pressure cleaned and extracted, to help remove engrained mould in the brickwork
- A further HEPA vacuuming was done and an abrasive scrub and treatment clean were done to the wall.
- Further HEPA vacuuming, wash/wipe, treat vertical and horizontal surfaces with an appropriate mould cleaning solution was done to secondary affected areas.
- Once all was done, to help seal the minimal amount of mould that was engrained into the brickwork, the affected area was encapsulated with a mould resistant coating (IAQ 06100).
During process of being pressure cleaned, hepa vacuumed and wiped
Mould being encapulated with mould resistant coating
The area was safe for works to resume, and the coating ensured no further mould growth from this area cause further mould to grow. If you have any mould queries or are in a similar situation please dont hesitate to contact us. You can do this by clicking on the button below.