Mould Remediation in School
NLR restorations was engaged when discovered that particular classrooms in a school were condition 3 contaminated with mould on building and contents. Undertaking a long process, the NLR technicians successfully brought the classroom and contents back to safe levels, ready for the classrooms to be used again.
#Summary of Mould Spread
Mould was discovered in a school lab. Further inspection showed a spread across in two other labs, and growing on contents in the room. The following is a summary of contents damaged:
- Contaminated drawers, desks and seats
- Rugs were considered cross contaminated
- Cross-contamination in ceiling cavities across all labs in the building
- All building surfaces to be cleaned for contamination
- 4 rooms were affected in total
#Mould Remediation Process
Stage 1 Remediation - Contents Removal and Processing
- Technicians removed all contents from affected rooms, listing and photographing non-recoverable contents
- Once done, non-recoverable were removed and disposed of offsite
- HEPA vacuuming and treatment cleaning all recoverable contents and packing on-site
Stage 2 Remediation - Building and Ceiling Cavity Remediation
- All building surfaces in the room was HEPA Vacuumed and treatment clean to remove mould
- In conjunction with builders, Technicians helped strip out the affected ceiling, waste is bagged and disposed of off-site safely
- Air conditioning cleaning
- HEPA Vacuum and treatment clean to all vertical and horizontal surfaces in ceiling space.
- Run HEPA filtration during the remediation process.
After works were completed, testing and analysis were done onsite, to verify the success of the mould remediation. All equipment was removed and the labs were safe for use again.
At NLR we pride ourselves on mould remediation and so if you have a mould problem or query please don’t hesitate to contact us.