Library & Book Mould Removal
Our library mould inspection includes: mould source identification, scope on how to fix the problem and estimation of overall costs involved.
#How to keep mould from your library
- Keep humidity under 50%
- Good circulation
- Regular HVAC and air conditioning maintenance
- Returned books should be inspected
- Maintenance program in place
- Disaster recovery plan in place for events such as leaks and flooding
#How we remove mould from books and documents
There are many methods for removing mould. We will advise on the best method to remove the mould in your books. Some methods that can be used are:
- Hepa vacuum
- Gamma Irradiation
- Freeze drying with anti-microbial treatments
- Fogging treatments
- Vinegar / Alcohol solutions
#NLR Library Book Mould Remediation Case Study
Library Book Mould Remediation
This is a job the NLR Team completed. We were able to remediate over 15 000 books from this library using our Hepa Vacuum book mould removal station.
We successfully remediated mould from surfaces, books, shelves etc caused from the air conditioning system. Active mould growth from books dealt with removed using gamma irradiation.